Hello my friends!
You've had to have seen it, right? The FB ads where people are peeling sheets of skin off their feet? The 5 year old me bursted with joy reminiscing about peeling Elmer's glue off my hands and the serenity it used to bring me. I don't know what about peeling your skin off is satisfying...but it just does it for me. Don't judge...
WHAT IS THE "BABY FEET" TREND?
Essentially two foot gloves filled with fruit acid. The fruit acid penetrates into the layers of dead skin cells and breaks down the desmosomes (a structure by which two adjacent cells are attached, formed from protein plaques in the cell membranes linked by filaments) which hold the layers together. Yeah, I know stuff. Just kidding...I Googled it.
DOES IT HURT?
Not at all.
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF???
To remove all dead skin and calluses from your feet
1. Place foot gloves on your feet and wear for 90-120 minutes
2. Wash serum off with warm water and soap
1. You wait
2. Wait some more
3. Wait 5 days after that
4. You see little areas of pee-able skin
5. You try desperately to not pick that skin.
6. You picked the god damn skin.
7. You wish you never did this because you won't be able to wear flip flops without people gagging...
8. Yes, 8. Coincidence? No. That's how many days you've been waiting for your feet to look normal since you starting picking.
9. Promise yourself you won't do this again.
Sitting with my feet up for 90 minutes was torture. Waiting day after day for my skin to peel off was like the anticipation of Christmas, if at Christmas you got to peel your skin off. Waiting for your skin to STOP peeling? Mental warfare.
WHAT BRAND I USED
Who cares. Don't do it.
Love you for reading (and other reasons, too),
Have an idea for a blog post or want me to report on something specific? Email or message me to let me know!
*Christina Trotta is a beauty blogger with no medical or dental education. The article is based solely on personal experience and readers should use the recommended product at their own discretion. Christina Trotta is not responsible for any liabilities associated with this product.